An Introduction to
Ethereum and Smart Contracts
As digital assets become mainstream, the second largest cryptocurrency (by market capitalization), Ethereum, has generated major discussions at wealth management offices across the United States. Historically, Bitcoin has attracted most of the attention in the digital assets' ecosystem, however, investors are starting to increase their knowledge and participation in Ethereum as the number of decentralized applications (“DApps”) built on the Ethereum blockchain continues to rise.
We put together this resource to assist understanding Ethereum and Smart Contracts, including the topics:
- A high-level introduction to Ethereum
- Bitcoin & Ethereum; What are the differences?
- The rise of DeFi and Ethereum's role
- The long-term bull case for Ethereum
- Prudent exposure to Ethereum for wealth managers